Saturday 29 June 2013

5 Things I'm Thankful For

Hello Everyone, 

This weekend's second LBLC Post is 5 Things I'm Thankful For. 2 posts this weekend, huzzah! Another lovely topic, which has made me smile, and focus on positive things when I'm not feeling so great! 

So, my 5 things...

5. I am thankful for my eyes and ears. My condition may affect my body, but I have those. I can see, and hear, and I appreciate just how special that is, which I probably didn't when I was younger.

4. I am thankful that I was able to have 17 lovely years with my beautiful Nanny. I miss her so very much, but have lots of wonderful memories. And the Uberman can almost make Hot Chocolate as well as she did. So that's a nice way of remembering her!

3. I am thankful that I got to attend the 2012 London Paralympic Games. It was a very special day, and showed me just how precious life is, despite the problems people face. They were truly inspiring athletes, and on my dark days, I think of them to give myself a kick up the backside. No matter how bad I feel, there are people in a worse situation (I know that sounds awful, but sadly it is true) who still do amazing things within their limits. So I should be focusing on that too, not just wallowing in self pity. 

2. I am thankful for my amazing family. I have been raised in a stable, loving home, and my family are there to support me through every setback, flare, illness, injury and problem I have had or will face. My family are awesome, and I love them all very much. Even if they drive me insane at times. But that's what families are for!

1. I am thankful that I have the most wonderful man in my life. He is my rock, and I do not know what I would do without him. 

Take a look at the other ladies' blogs, to see what they are thankful for!

Karen  Louise  Keshia  Rachelle

Leave me a comment to let me know what you are thankful for!





No comments:

Post a Comment