Friday 28 June 2013

10 Day You Challenge - 8 Fears

Fears. They're a strange thing, aren't they? So personal, yet somehow some are so common. I sometimes wonder whether human brains are pre-programmed with some fears - the common ones, like death. 

Anyway... here are my 8 fears!


8. Spiders. I can manage money spiders, and the ones with tiny bodies and almost clear legs, but after that, NO. I turn into a screaming girl.

7. Cancer. There is a lot of it in our family, and the idea of any of my family or friends being diagnosed with it, scares me senseless. 

6. Losing my sight. I am so grateful that I have my eyes, even though my body is pretty much a disaster zone. 

5. My future in employment. I have been off since February, and am terrified I will lose my job, and not be able to get another. It is a worrying time for me right now. 

4. Dementia. The idea of not having a mind which works properly makes me go cold all over. I have always been profoundly grateful that I have a working mind - particularly when my body lets me down. It is so cruel to see better minds than mine being slowly eroded to nothing. 

3. Cows. As mentioned in my 10 Secrets post, these are the bane of my life. They turn me into a gibbering wreck. 

2. Losing my family. I know it has to happen, and have sadly seen it happen to several family members, but it doesn't make it any easier. I will always fear it. 

1. Dying on my own. If I had the choice, I would want someone I knew and loved with me, who loved me back. A reassuring hand as I went on my way.


Go here to check out Karen's fears!


What are your 8 fears? Leave me a comment or a link to your Blog Post!





No comments:

Post a Comment