Monday 15 July 2013

The ABC Of Me

Hello Everyone!

The Lovely Karen over at Too Dull To Blog has tagged me, to tell you about myself using the alphabet. This sounded a bit daunting, until I realised the topics were already defined. Huzzah! My brain is not coping too well in this heat, so having the framework set out makes me a happy Aporia! 

So...

A for Attached? 
I am indeed! Uberman and I are approaching our 6th year together. He makes me ridiculously happy!

B for Best Friend? 
I am lucky to be able to say I have two amazing families, both of whom I class as my Best Friends, and my Uberman as well. I also have Cassie and Sophie, who I love to bits. 

C for Cake or Pie? 
Oh cake wins this every time. I do love cake. If it wasn't so hot, I'd get someone to help me make one later (I'm not allowed to be let loose in the kitchen alone. I break things (including myself!), and generally cause a disaster zone.

D for Day of Choice?
I think my favourite day is Friday. It means the weekend is here, and that means time with my Uberman and my Families. 

E for Essential Item?
Hmmm... I don't want to say my mobile phone... so I will say... erm... oh bugger. Mobile it is. I have a terrible fear of being without it - if I was to fall and hurt myself where nobody was around, and I didn't have it, all hell would break loose. So it goes everywhere with me. Even to the loo! 

F for Favourite Colour?
My favourite colour is Turquoise. I have flitted around the colour wheel as I've grown up, but it has been Turquoise for several years now. It's such a beautiful colour. 

G for Gummy Bears or Worms?
Bears! I'm not keen on the worms, as they tend to go a bit slimy. Bears are the best. Yum!

H for Hometown?
My hometown is the ever delightful* West Drayton. When I was younger, I would never have considered moving anywhere else. Now, I can't bear the thought of spending all my life here. The only good thing about it is that I have met my friends, and my Uberman here.
*Sarcasm very much intended

I for Indulgence?
Cosmetics, especially nail polish, and yarn are my indulgences. I'm not able to drink, and I despise smoking (this is my personal opinion - I would never be one of those sanctimonious twats who try to put themselves on a higher pedestal for not smoking - it is a personal choice, and I would never hold it against anyone.), so I spend some of the money I would have if I was still able to drink, on my hobbies instead. 

J for January or July?
July, most definitely. My pain levels are ridiculous in Winter, and I cannot bear it. I also find January the most depressing month of the year. Christmas has gone, another year is over, the weather is cold, everyone is moaning due to lack of money... it's just shit! July is *supposedly* Summer - hot and sunny (this year it is actually behaving, it's been gorgeous this year!), there are barbecues everywhere, the tinkling sound of Ice Cream trucks, holidays to be enjoyed, paddling pools to dip your feet in... I love Summer!

K for Kids?
I like kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one! Kids are not something I see happening in my future. I don't wish to pass on my EDS, I don't wish to produce a child that I couldn't pick up if it were crying, and to be honest, I wouldn't want to put myself through 9 months of agony. I am happy to be Auntie Aporia, but I will never be Mummy Aporia. 

L for Life - it is not complete without?
Love. Love for your number one, love for your family (families!), friends, pets.. even hobbies, or music, or whatever floats your boat. Love makes the world go round. 

M for Marriage Date?
I have no date set, I am not engaged! I would probably go for a Summer day though, although I wouldn't want it too hot... hmm. Maybe Spring or Autumn. Definitely not Winter though. I'd be an awfully cranky bride if I got married in Winter!

N for Number of Brothers and Sisters?
I have one brother. Critter is younger than me, but you'd never know it if you looked at the two of us together. I am ridiculously proud of him. He is very smart (although he has no common sense whatsoever!), has a beautiful girlfriend, and a very good job in London. He is ticking off all of his "To Do List", which I think is awesome. He is a total twat at times too, but he's my brother, and I therefore dispense justice. Which usually ends up in my wrists falling off a bit. Haha!

O for Oranges or Apples?
Apples. I love a good apple. Granny Smiths are my favourite. Fresh apple juice is lovely, straight from the fridge. Yummy! 

P for Phobias?
Cows. 

Q for Quotes?
"Faith is a blue bird, we see from far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star. You can't touch it, or buy it, or wrap it up tight, but it's there just the same, making things turn out right."
From "The Rescuers", the Walt Disney film. Isn't it beautiful? The animation that goes with it is really sweet, and whenever I read it, I hear the voice from the film in my head. A child's voice, but it still rings true as an adult. I say I'm an adult. I lie. I don't think I'll ever grow up, and I don't really want to! 

R for Reasons to Smile?
The Uberman. My families. Yoshi, Arya and Bird. Friends. My eyes and ears. My mind. Music. Dreams.

S for Season of Choice?
Hmm.. Spring or Summer... Spring or Summer... Summer. I like Spring, but I don't like April showers. I love Summer. Everything I said in the January vs July question applies here - it is such a lovely time of year. Everyone seems happier in the Summer. It's a positive time of year, the Sun is shining, and everything is grand. Even when it really isn't, it just feels a bit better, you know?

T for Tag 5 People?
This is a bit embarrassing! I don't really know many people in the Blogosphere. Karen has named the people I do, and Octavia at The Simple Life of A London Girl is already doing an ABC themed post... So I have nobody to tag. Sad times! If you would like me to tag you, drop me a comment and I will definitely do so!

U for Unknown Fact About Me?
People emptying crisp packets into their mouths makes me irrationally angry. To the point where I clench my fists without realising it, and have to turn away and keep my mouth shut. I don't know why it does, but it really makes me rage!

V for Vegetable?
Sweetcorn. Always Sweetcorn. It is the best! Golden and crunchy and delicious!

W for Worst Habit?
Hmmm. Probably being untidy. I am incredibly untidy at home. At work, I am a neat freak, which is weird. I am making an effort to be more tidy at home - it is now in writing! 

X for X-Ray or Ultrasound?
I've experienced both, many times over! I'd probably go for Ultrasound though - usually, an X-Ray involves a lot more pain, when joints that are incredibly painful are then manipulated into more painful positions for a picture. Bleurgh. 

Y for Your Favourite Food?
Uberman's stir fry. It is food heaven. He is a very very good cook, and I am a very very lucky lady. 

Z for Zodiac?
I am a Taurus. Ironic really, when you consider my phobia. I am definitely stubborn, which is one of the key personality traits of a Taurus! 




Now you know my ABC, next time won't you blog with me? Leave me a comment - If you haven't done this already, I will tag you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment