Monday 1 July 2013

10 Day You Challenge - 6 Places

Today's 10 Day You post is about 6 places. Narrowing this down is going to be a bit of a toughie! 


6. Donington Park. The home of Download Festival, and the scene of some of the best times of my life. I've laughed, I've cried, I've danced and sang, I've chanted, and generally had a bloody good time. And I can't wait for next year. 

5. Ilminster, Somerset. My lovely Auntie Pat and Uncle Brian live there,and I have so many childhood memories of going there. They used to own a newsagents, with a flat attached. We used to go and stay, and I was always so excited that I woke up early. As long as I put my slippers and dressing gown on, I was allowed to sit on the stairs going from the shop to the stock room, with sweets and a magazine. Mum and Dad used to get up and wonder where I'd gone. I absolutely loved it. Just outside the shop is a beautiful church - it really is a stunning building. The room my brother and I stayed in had a perfect view of the clock face, and I used to love hearing the chiming of the clock. I would love to live within distance of a clock chime. It's really lovely. 

4. Malta. I had a rough year last year, due to my ankle problems, so in October, to try and get some last minute sunshine before the winter kicked in, I went with my Mum and Dad to Malta. It was a beautiful place, and I really enjoyed it. My favourite place on the Island was Ta'Qali - a craft village based on an old WW2 Aircraft facility. There were so many things to see - the famous Mdina Glass factory, metalwork, woodwork, filigree jewellery workshops, potteries and more. I have a keen interest in glassmaking, as my Grandpa was Managing Director of Whitefriars, so the Mdina and Valletta glass factories were first on my list. Whilst they were interesting, they were very much a production line outfit. At the other end of the village, we found another glass workshop - Phoenician Glass. And I fell in love. It was a one man outfit, from start to finish. I wheeled right up to the front of the viewing gallery, and sat entranced as he made a dolphin, bird, daisy, and others. I could have sat there all day. It was beautiful to watch him work. On our last day, we went back to see him again, and he was working on Christmas ornaments. Beautiful glass baubles, snowmen, trees with hanging candy canes... his work was amazing. I came home with a bird and a daisy, and I will go to see him again in the future. 

3. Orlando. The first time I'd ever been out of the country, let alone on a plane, was to go to Florida. We went to all the Disney World parks, Disney Blizzard Beach, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. It's been 12 years since I went, and I would love to go back - especially for The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter! It's a child's dream- and I never truly grew up!

2. New York. The city that truly never sleeps. It's always exciting, there are crazy yellow cabs flying around, flashing lights everywhere, skyscrapers everywhere you look... It's a really thrilling place to be. I would love to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve, to see the ball drop *ahem*. I've been twice, and I'd go again in a heartbeat. 

1. Weymouth. I've said on here previously, that Weymouth feels like my home. Everytime I go there, I feel instantly calm and at peace. I have been known to cry when leaving. I love it so very much, and intend to live there when possible. 

Where are your top 6 places?



No comments:

Post a Comment