Tuesday 2 July 2013

10 Day You Challenge - 5 Foods

Hello Again!

Today's 10 Day You post is about food. I cannot tell a lie - I love food. My waistline does not, but it never wins the argument. I have a varied taste, and  sometimes I surprise people with what I eat/don't eat.

So, onto my 5 favourite foods (this has been BLOODY hard to narrow down!)

5. Sweetcorn. My ultimate vegetable. I love it, and would have it with every meal if I could. It's got such an awesome taste, and texture, and it makes me very happy. I like it on the cob or off, it doesn't matter which. I've been known to eat it out of the tin cold as well. With a spoon. One of my 5 a day, right?!

4. Dippy Boiled Egg and Marmite Soldiers. I know, Marmite is either a love or a hate thing. I love it, provided it's a thin scraping. Too much and I shudder about like Tom when Jerry hits him with something. This is one of my favourite food combinations. The egg has to be runny though- it's hardly dippy otherwise is it?! Definitely my comfort food when I'm feeling low or poorly. 

3. "Treacle" Sponge and custard. Baked in the microwave. The treacle is actually Golden Syrup, but it's always been called Treacle Sponge in our house! It's stodgy, but oddly light at the same time. The custard must also be piping hot. My dad has it cold, but that's so very wrong! The Harvester did a Treacle Sponge Sundae as a limited edition, and that was very good too. 

2. Steak, chips, and onion rings. Simple, but just so good! I have my steak medium-rare. It was always well done, until one day I got the wrong steak by accident. I've never looked back. It is usually my go-to in a restaurant. Lovely grub!

1. The Uberman's stir fry. He makes the sauces himself, and it is just divine. It is absolutely delicious - the perfect mix of savoury, with a sweet chilli bite to it. The veg is always crunchy, the meat is juicy and flavourful, and it is always best with rice noodles. My favourite meal!


What foods would you choose for a top 5? Drop me a comment and let me know! I love to read them xD

And don't forget to check out Karen's top 5 foods too!





No comments:

Post a Comment