Friday 2 August 2013

Review: Fortune Cookie Soap Whipped Cream - Capitol Diamond

Until a few months ago, I had never heard of Fortune Cookie Soap. Now I have, I am completely addicted!

I am a member of a soap forum, and a lovely lady there kindly sent me some samples of products she had spare. Included in this box were two small bottles of Fortune Cookie Soap body wash, one of which was in the scent "Capitol Diamond". One sniff, and I was in love! 

Fortune Cookie Soap are an American company founded by Shannon and Justin, who began soapmaking for Christmas presents. Their soap was quickly noticed and ended up being sold in different stores in the US. Their name reflects their best-known products - their main range of soaps are in the shape of a Fortune Cookie, which is so cool! Soap is not all they do though - they do body washes, body butters, whipped cream moisturisers, solid shampoo and conditioners, bath bombs.. and so much more, right up to hand sanitisers and laundry detergent! 

As soon as I'd used some of my sample of bodywash, I knew I needed more FCS stuff. I have become incredibly disenchanted with the company I used to use for my cosmetics, so when I saw a group order slot available on the soap forum, I jumped right in. Part of my order was "Capitol Diamond" Whipped Cream. 

As you may recognise, the name is based on "The Hunger Games". Originally this scent was released as part of a limited Hunger Games collection, but it proved so popular that it was brought back and added to the general scent catalogue. I have never smelled anything like it. The official scent description from the FCS site is:

When we came up with Capitol Diamond, we wanted a scent that had some spunk to it.  A scent that you wouldn't forget and this blend of crisp vanilla, citrus, coconut, cloves and some awesome strawberry notes does it!  It's so unique, so different and it's one of those scents that we can't stop putting on!  No – seriously, we can't keep our hands out of this whipped cream!

One thing I really love is that the scent develops on your skin, before settling into a beautiful fruity scent, almost like sweeties, but with a twist! 

The formula of the whipped cream is fabulous. The pots hold 5oz of product - and a little goes a bloody long way. I have been using this virtually every day since I bought it, and I have barely made a dent. It is light and non-greasy, sinking into the skin beautifully. It leaves you feeling smooth and soft, and smelling great. I have quite dry elbows, but this stuff makes them feel like lovely human skin, not elephant hide! 

At $10.99 (£7.21 as of 17:04 02/08/13), these pots are great value - they smell magnificent, the product lasts for ages and even through this extremely sweaty British Summer, there has been no change in consistency or any loss of scent. They have another huge bonus in the fact that they are cruelty free, paraben free, and totally handmade! 

I cannot recommend this product enough. If you are looking for a beautifully scented body moisturiser, then take a look at www.fortunecookiesoap.com - you won't be disappointed! They ship internationally, but you will incur customs charges on orders over a certain value (boo customs!).




No comments:

Post a Comment